News from the month that was:
- There’s a stack of festivals coming up in Geelong VIC, Metricup WA, all over Queensland and a stack of others we missed in January.
- Coopers expands with a bit of work on the side – Coopers.
- Seems like CUB are doing something similar… (and the follow-up) – Australian Brews News. The investigative journalism involved makes “real” journos look a little slack by comparison, although starting a social media campaign about it seems a bit much.
- Craft beer goes into a can – Crafty Pint. It’s an Australian first if you ignore James Squire (given away on Qantas flights no less) and Coopers.
- The Local Darlinghurst tries blending – The Local Taphouse Blog. Now I know what to do when we run out of craft beers to review.
- Britain waters down their beers – Bloomberg. Excuse my stifled elitist laugh.
- Coles goes craft – Australian Brews News. Excuse my much louder, less stifled and yet more elitist laugh.
- We kicked the blog off with a half dozen plus two reviews: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7 and #8
- And for something a bit different, Clubbed Out is piecing together Brisbane’s nightclub history from the 50s to the turn of the century. I was only 12, so I’m not much help.