Incidentally, we’re still playing around with the format of the blog, so bear with us until we settle on something we like.
Beer news from places other than here:
- XXXX / VB behind the times and CCA is moving in at the end of ’13 – Fairfax
Well worth a read but laugh of the day goes to “…some independent liquor outlets said they were sourcing their beer from Dan Murphy’s or First Choice at a lower price than they could buy it from CUB under Fosters. It was a no-brainer, particularly if they used a credit card with frequent-flyer points.” Has CUB thought about introducing Fly Buys?
- Geelong Beer Festival highlights – ABN
“To my knowledge only two people were asked to leave earlier than they had planned, which is not bad considering we had several bucks parties commence their celebrations with us.” Definitely a good effort and that’s coming from someone who was asked to leave the Royal Exchange on Australia Day ’10. Yep, I’m a disappointment.
- 4 Pines hosts a Valentine’s Day event – 4 Pines Brewsletter
Obviously it’s too late for you to go now. Compare the Archive’s effort.
- Bridge Road creates another bar-themed beer – The Shout
Nice cross-selling initiative. Fun to wonder what the beer for your bar would be like. Mine would probably be pale but also impossibly bitter and malty.
- New liquor licence category for Brisbane – Brisneyland Times
Huzzah! Meanwhile Can-do Campbell is considering “red tape”.
- Guinness Nigeria suffers 16% decline in 1H profit – Bloomberg
Interesting fact: Nigerian Guinness is stronger than the stuff in Dublin. Thankful fact: I don’t have to worry about Islamist militants affecting business conditions.
- If you’ve got $24,000 lying around… – ABN
- GABS giving opportunities to the smaller brewers to get their names out there – Crafty Pint
- Beer Maker Builds a Raspberry Pi Tap List for His Home Brews – Wired
- Meme of the week?
Huh, very self-deprecating today. Oh yeah and some dude put together a…holyfuckingshit…$12,500 cocktail.
Finally, in DS-esque style: