- Tasty, tasty onion rings
- #13 has honey in a beer?
- Your favourite (childless) beer reviewer gives parents some advice
Beer news from places other than here:
- Ballarat Beer Festival wrap-up – Australian Brews News
“…the session titled ‘So you want to start a brewery’, which was thought to be a good cautionary tale debunking the myths of easy money in beer” – Anyone who thought there was good money in brewing deserves to be parted from said money immediately.
- More new breweries (1 and 2) – Crafty Pint
How do they convince banks to give them the money? “You basically want us to loan you money to pursue your dream? Sir, do you understand what banks do?”
- One of the ABN guys tries not drinking for a month – Australian Brews News
Madness, I say, pure madness!
- More madness in the form of a pretty awesome OCD – From Beer to Eternity
IANAMD (clearly). Also, best beer-based blog name yet.
- AB InBev profit and sales up – Bloomberg
Doesn’t seem like the multinats have been slain by David just yet. Also, still looking at Modelo (Corona).
- But they’re also getting sued for watering down their beer – Fairfax
- Publican declares patron loyalty “a thing of the past” – The Shout
“Titman”, excuse my childish giggle.
- Free Beer (app) – The Shout
We’re trying to do less of ABN (I don’t want our pingbacks appearing on every single article they do) and The Shout. If you have any other worthwhile sources, let us know.
Finally, in DS-esque style:
- The AR-15 Is More Than a Gun. It’s a Gadget – Wired
And Americans wonder how to prevent gun violence. How about not putting Hello Kitty on a military rifle?
- Buy a Nobel Prize – Phys.org
Seriously! It’s for charity too. However, you don’t get the credit for discovering DNA with the prize.
- Valparaíso Cerro Abajo – Cycling Central
If you’ve never watched someone do downhill in urban Chile, take a look. Maybe have a change of underwear handy.
- Jamie Dimon Dong-Slaps Inquisitive Analyst in Hilarious Exchange – Matt Taibbi
I just wanted to use the expression “dong-slaps”. More childish giggling.
- Queensland’s sewage monitored for drug use – Ninemsn
Are we really that keen to know?