Beer news from places other than here:
- 2013 Beer Guidelines have been released by the US Brewers Association
Goody, can’t wait to find out what a beer retard I am.
- Apparently the guidelines are wrong though – Shut Up About Barclay Perkins
I didn’t even know that Gratzer was a thing. Je suis le retard.
- Experts agree: They don’t like Crafty Beggars
If I may interject: I believe the bogan’s role in this is being overlooked. There’s a segment in the market occupied by, basically, this guy. He wants to drink craft beer but doesn’t want to look like a poof, so he’s engaged by the “brandwank” (excellent term) and takes a tentative step. Lion knows and is built on capitalising on these facts.
- The story of Lebanon’s first local craft brewer – Crafty Pint
Really fascinating read.
- Hunt is on for new Rekorderlig flavour – The Shout
I prefer to think of it as Redcordial-ig (yeah, lame right?). Maybe they should shoot for raspberry?
- The British try serving beer directly from tanks – The Pub Diaries
Which, incidentally, is the smallest volume beer should be served in…says the lightweight.
- Experimenting with the colour of beer bottles and light strike – Wired.com
- Christine Milne and Rob Oakeshott are craft brewing’s number 1 fans – Craft Beer Industry Association
- South West Craft Beer Festival 2013 – Australian Brews News
Finally, in DS-esque style:
- Man Dressed as Batman Hands Suspect to British Police – Independent
Easily the best story of 2013. May as well start 2014.
- Scientists cure HIV in a child – NPR
“So, what did you do today?”
“I may have ended one of the worst epidemics in modern history. You know, the usual.”
- How to make
cokeCoca-Cola – Medium
Yep, still contains coca leaves.
- Human Y Chromosome Much Older Than Previously Thought – Phys.org