- HopDog tap takeover at the Archive in the works anyone?
- The Sessions and pumpkin beer
- #42 was disappointing but also perhaps too harsh
This week’s Monday Reading is the result of trawling through 120 sources to bring you the best of the best. Of course, I say that while I sit on the floor of the new Drunkspec HQ because I haven’t moved any furniture upstairs yet. Let’s just say quality comes in many forms.
Here are the other highlights from last week:
- Go Long in September roundup – Boak & Bailey. Our picks:
- Sydney Craft Beer Week – Crafty Pint
- Oktoberfest in St Kilda – Local Taphouse Blog
- Don’t fear Big Beer: Consolidation can keep prices steady over time, study says – Wonkblog (because that’s all we care about right?)
- Weaker Cascade beer promises to be better – AFR
- The most unwholesome beverage – Shut up about Barclay Perkins
- Confessions of a beer snob – The Pub Diaries
- Tap King to add more premium brands – The Shout
- Newstead brewing – The Westbender
- Pumpkin Havoc: Chaos in Homebrewing – Baltimore Bistros and Beer
- 2 ways not to be a dick while drinking beer – Beer Philsopher
- Great Whites – Whatchudrinkin?
We had our federal election in Australia and, once again, it was a contest between two white men over who could best appeal to the xenophobic, entitled bogan (or “middle class” as they’re known in polite company). Tony Abbott of the conservative Liberal Party carried the day, a result that my teenaged self would’ve been vomitting with rage about. My current self is a little more circumspect (read: cynical). Vote Pirate I say.
In other news: Why Nokia lost and Samsung won; If You Send Your Kid to Private School, You Are a Bad Person; Oxford Boxing Knockout Shows Abbott’s Leadership Drive; Another Seinfeld election for Australia; “Australia, Australia, Australia, we love you, amen!” (for the Melbournites); Bee Orchid